Monday, February 21, 2011

The Power of Encouragement

You know, there is never not a time to encourage someone. Hmmm, let me rephrase that: 

*NOW* is the time to encourage!

I'm not sure why I feel like I should write about this. Maybe because I've been the recipient of it recently, but also have seen places where it would have been helpful. I think sometimes people get caught up in themselves or judging others. And while I do think there are times for to strive to personal bests and situations to have rules and regulations, encouragement is a very Biblical concept.


Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 
1 Thess. 5:11


Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 
Ephesians 4:29

Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.
Romans 15:2

I'm not sure why encouragement is so hard. I have a very difficult time doing it. Maybe it is because I'm putting myself "out there" and making myself vulnerable. But, really does go a long way. When I'm having a bad day (which shockingly does happen!), someone saying they appreciate me can turn my day around. It doesn't have to be this long, gushy speech about how much I mean to them, just a simple little way of saying they were thinking about me. I do notice when someone goes out or their way to appreciate me and often keeps me going on my task.

So, have you encouraged someone today? Have I? Because it goes a long way!









1 comment:

  1. I DO appreciate you. In honor of forsaking the "long gushy speech" thing, that's all. But seriously...where have you been all my life?!? Ok that's all... ;)

    ReplyDelete