Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No. 1 *Love* - My Family

So many people, on Facebook or blogs and such, write lists of items or of things that they love...it's so good to reminded of things we are thankful for and love about life. I often find myself caught up in everything that wrong in life. 

I too will start my list of loves. I plan to expand a little more on items then just a list and each will have it's own post. Some will be obvious, and so not so much...Hopefully it will remind other to be thankful, while getting to know me better.

So, number 1. Family. Yes, I know, so obvious and one talked about often, but true none-the-less.

Mom: My mom is seriously the wisest person I know. Which is a blessing (and annoying at time too, you know?!). When going through life, she is great person to go and talk to, but just know you'll get advise! And good advise. And Godly advise. And advise you know you should follow. 

My mom with her grandgirls (and added bonus of their cousin Karina :) She is such a great "Nanny".

Lisa and Cam: Lis and I have always gotten along, although with 6.5 years between us and her moving out when I was 17, I'd say that we've never been super close. Although certainly not, not close, if you follow. But even now she is such an example to me of a Godly woman, amazing wife, and ridicously amazing mother. Her relationship with her husband, as well as how they raise their daughters *together* (please note the importance of together) is truly an example to me.

Reid: I love my brother. This past year I haven't seen him as much with him being got with school and such and hm, I don't like it! Such is life, but love when he is around to listen to me complain about life and have him first comfort me and then tell me to get over it. I love to hang out with him, go to movies, watch his sporting events, and talk about life with.



Alanna, Megan, Cadence, and Monica: Bah, and they just bring joy. Being the youngest in the family, I wasn't around little kids that much, so I like being the fun aunt. I like playing and then giving them back to their parents.

Alanna and Megs thought my photo-booth was pretty awesome!

I have this picture as my desktop right now and am constantly reminded of the love I have for them everytime I open my laptop.

For some reason I feel like this picture is very much missing my dad. When together with everyone is when I miss my dad the most. I know he would have been proud of who we are, but still would have inspired for us to be better. He would have been such an amazing grandpa to the girls. I miss him most for my mom and this stage of life that she now has to face on her own...but I was so blessed to have him there for 14 years and instil values into our family and my life that last.

Yes, I'm truly thankful for the family that God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment