Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The Lifter of my Head

"But you are a shield around me, O LORD; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head." Psalm 3:3

What a comforting verse. He is the lifter of my head. I'd heard this phrase before and never really took it to heart or understood it. 

The feelings of worthlessness and shame aren't lost to me. They are very real. The feeling that I want to curl into a ball and disappear. The feeling of  just standing there with my head bent in shame from the stupid things I've done and said. But He, God, the Creator of the Universe, *my* Father takes His finger, puts it under my chin and begins to pull up, until He is eye level with me. He looks me in the eye and tells me He is my Protector and I'm *worth* protecting. 

In all my wanderings away from His throne, in all the turns I've made away from His path I've made, in all the days and hours I haven't talked to Him, He still takes my head in His hands and tells me I'm His daughter.

I'm a daughter of the King who protects me unto death, and that's worth lifting my head about. 


1 comment:

  1. This kinda leaves me speechless...hmmm. You are worth it. Always. Lifter of our head...that He is.

    ReplyDelete