Thursday, December 16, 2010

Zoo Day!

A few weeks ago it was Auntie and Nanny time for the girls. This was back when Monica was just born and Mom brought the other girls back to our house for a few days. I took the day off work for Zoo Day. This was my first time hitting the zoo with the girls. 




Zoo Day is tradition for them. Every time they are at our house they head to the zoo. They are actually known to go to the zoo two days in a row, because they want to and they can.

I had a great time hanging out with them. They are so adorable and fun. But, I did get a little bit of the mom perspective on children. Who knew we would have so many tears about who got to sit in the stroller or who got to sit in the wagon? And how many times can we change our mind about which one is better? I think I'll have to work on my patience skills in preparation for motherhood. Eek!



It is also super fun to see my mom as "Nanny". I'm sure most people with nieces/nephews will realize that moms significantly change when they become grandma. It took me awhile to get used to that! However, it's fun to see all the little routines they have together: the zoo, baby belle cheese, chocolate milk, bubble gum (Megan's favourite), puzzles, trampoline...Mom never seems to tire of doing these little things with them.


I'm excited to see them at Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment