Friday, October 29, 2010

Melodies for Him

One of the things in life that brings me joy is music. And if you know me in any way, that shouldn't surprise you. Rarely is there a moment when strains of a melody can't be heard around me. I'm either performing, practicing, listening, or singing.

Music is a very emotional experience. It heightens joy, it creates celebration, it express sorrow, it provides healing. It causes any emotion to go the next level of feeling.

But, music goes beyond just my enjoyment or emotion. I truly believe that when music is played in honour of the Lord, there is nothing quite as beautiful. When music that is played in praise to our King is one of the most precious forms of worship we can give Him.

Psalm 150
Praise the LORD...
Praise him with tambourine and dancing,
Praise him with the strings and flute,
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
       Praise the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment